- Voice-Over Scripts
- Video (Audio/Visual) Scripts
- Scripts with Storyboards
- Script Editing & Rewriting
I use the following process to write your script:
1. I learn and fully understand what your business does and the benefits you offer your customers. You will get a script that identifies your customer’s problem and how you solve it.
2. A compelling call to action: I write a clear direction on what customers should do when they’re ready to move forward, for example: “Talk to us” “Start your project today” “Contact our sales team to find out more”. These are all calls to action that get customers knocking on your door.
3. A professionally written voice-over: Watch some of the videos I have written and focus on what you are hearing. Each video has a spoken tone is well paced, doesn’t rush, and delivers everything that needs to be said, clearly. This is not an accident – I make an initial draft of the voice over and then re-write it over and over until it is perfect – and that’s just the first draft you’ll see.
4. I draw storyboards that show what you will be seeing in your video. I offer thumbnail sketches or 4-panel storyboards, depending on your budget. “A picture is worth a thousand words” and my storyboards convey the visual look and feel for your video for your client and production team. I produce animatics, which are storyboards set to the voice-over, so you can see the timing and pacing of the video before it goes into production.
5. Optional guidance on selecting the right video producer or animator for your video. I can point you to producers and animators who can get your video made. I can help you negotiate your production contract and provide project management services through completion.
In summary, you will get a top quality piece of work that tells a good story, has a clear marketing message and lets you produce a great video.
What A Script Looks Like
The best way to understand how a script and storyboard works is to look at an example. Click to download the PDF file: How I Write A Script for a Short Business Promo
- Audio Tours
- Corporate Videos
- Crowdfunding Videos
- Explainer Videos
- Live-action Videos
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Product Launch Videos
- Training Videos
- Whiteboard Videos
All my client’s information is treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your information is never transmitted over public wifi, printed materials including draft scripts and storyboards are destroyed upon completion and proprietary media (including completed videos) are kept private.
Upon completion of the project and full receipt of your payment, the copyright in the work will be assigned to you. I can sign documents to this effect.
A script (and video) that is based on an existing work is considered a derivative work. The right to create a derivative work is held exclusively by the copyright owner of the original work. Creating a derivative work without permission from the original copyright holder is copyright infringement.
If you are considering producing your video based on a pre-existing work such as a training manual, e-book or similar materials, please be prepared to provide documentation of the permission from the original copyright holder to base your video on this existing work.
I am based in the San Francisco Bay Area and I’m available by phone, Skype and email. My regular hours are 9 AM to 5 PM (0900 to 1700) Pacific Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
I am also available outside these hours by appointment for clients in Europe, Asia and Australia.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
When you receive the first draft, if you are not happy with the work and you don’t think changes are going to fix it, you can cancel the job at no charge. You agree not to use the script (the copyright remains with me) and you will not be charged.